Thursday, February 24, 2011

RSS . . . and Encore, VINCENT!

There is absolutely no way I could have --all by myself-- maneuvered my way through the labyrinth of idiomatic lingo necessary to bring RSS to this blog. I know . . . some of you are in the same boat as I was a few days ago; what is RSS, and why do I need it?  Really Simple Syndication is one definition gleaned from the Internet. Once in place, (Note the upper right hand corner of this and every posting from now on; see the little square orange thingy?) a Click on the RSS icon will assure the person doing the clicking that every time a new post is added to the Monthly Missive, the person will receive a short email alert. Wow, no more missing the scintillating segments of this show because of forgetting to peek in. No extra charge.       And many thanks.

                                  ***********************************
In the January 26 MM post, the promise was made to include friends from the cartoon archives frequently; particularly, VINCENT, LI’L ONES, and WEE WOMEN. Fulfilling  that pledge, as if by magic, we witness the arrival in VINCENT’s abode, AGNES, the new maid. Observe the telephone; how many of us can recall using such an antiquated Don Ameche? Or, for that matter, associating the name Don Ameche with anything at all. Questions from the class will be answered.

                                             ****************************
In 1965 . . . Yikes--46 years ago-- I “adopted” LI’L ONES and WEE WOMEN from Mell Lazarus who had created the two syndicated features a few years prior. Now, having given Mr. Lazarus three credits in this blog so far, I say that’s enough. I drew the cartoons under the sponsorship of General Features Corporation and later the Los Angeles Times Syndicate for      eleven years. It was a fun run. Now it’s our pleasure to re-run the mini-features.

                                  **************************************

I was hoping to post, each week,at the very least, two new cartoons.  (New?! These cartoons are older than Jack Benny; some by far.) 
I will do better as we go along. Guarantee.
Oh  . . . 

Yes, for sure, it's a tad late, but maybe you missed seeing our Christmas tree. It was the Charlie Brown model.


'Til soon,
Jim

1 comment:

  1. First thing I did when I became aware of this blog was to subscribe to it via RSS. There's no way that I'd check every website I follow manually. But with RSS, I don't have to. I get a notification via Google Reader when a site is updated.

    Keep up the good work, Jim!

    ReplyDelete