Saturday, April 16, 2011

A blog is a blog.

I went to the Internet to fix in my mind just what a “blog” is . . . or what it is supposed to be.
First,  blog is a blend of the term web log. It’s a web site of sorts, kind of like a personal diary which is updated maybe not every day but certainly with spasmodic regularity. (There’s that pesky oxymoron again!) A blog can be political in nature. The Monthly Missive blog is not. 


Being a cartoonist, I might be expected to parade samples of my work; so I do that. Most all the cartoons posted on the MM blog have been published somewhere: in magazines, books, advertising pamphlets, posters, T-shirts or online. (as in the case of www.computoredge.com) Once in a while you’ll see a sketch that may never see a legitimate page anywhere, but it’s just something that pleases me and I want to share it.


Saturday is the self-imposed deadline for the Mm blog;  I’m on the fast track today to meet that goal. It’s not too difficult when there’s a stockpile of several thousand pictures to draw from. Sorry.

Leading off with our star, VINCENT


Now, back to 1967 for a reunion with with our adopted kids:
Finally . . . remember when it seemed as if almost every automobile on the highway had one of those signs in the rear window: Child in Car ?  Well, here are a couple variations on the theme that begged for a cartoonist's pen.














Nice being with you, friends. 
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment