Thursday, March 1, 2012

Money Matters

Potpourri perhaps would be the more appropriate title for this blog post; but I'll save it for next time.
* * * * * * * * *
Let's first, tidy up the loose ends of Tiny Tim's visit. Some people may have doubted that I did indeed, hand over more than $16,000,000 to the unique entertainer. To back up my claim, here's one of the bills . . . 

 . . . and a sketch I made the night of the Fantasy Day Party and Show at Clute Community Center in Watkins Glen, NY 
         $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 

Still on the money trail, we have a good statement for the year so far: We're talking about coins picked up while strolling around town, mostly in company of Bella, our canine buddy. $1.61 as of February 29. (four quarters, two dimes, some nickles and several pennies) Make that, $1.63; I found two pennies today! (March1)
SO, with cash, coin and currency at the core of this chapter, the following items should fall--loosely into that category. Even VINCENT is aware of how important the dollar is in our everyday life.
































I shouldn't even mention Income Tax, 
should  I?
But this drawing, done about 20 years ago reminded me of how much more difficult filing would be if it had to be done "the old fashioned way."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Time out. If you knew how difficult it is for me to do this, you'd appreciate it a lot more, for sure. But I like digging through the dusty files and finding things I'd forgotten I'd done.  It is fun.
Happy March 1!
Jim

















1 comment:

  1. I do too (enjoy finding things I'd forgotten). Thanks for the sampling, and I'm looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete